stitchaway knitter

The views of a traveler as seen thru the eyes of a knitter. The ramblings and unravelings of Sally Black the Chief Knit Wit of www.stitchawaytours.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The craft show knitsters


This past weekend was a busy one. A couple of the girls heading over to London on our knit trip decided to fund their adventures by selling their craft and knitting items at a local craft show. I decided to support the venture. I had a blast spending the day with my S&B pal Clara and my daughter Vanessa. The show was held in Nazareth PA and it was a real old fashion event. It was held in the park amongst gorgeous old colonial homes with the local orchestra playing everything from show tunes to marches to big band hits. Bake sales and hot dogs...it couldn't have been better old time Americana. Our other S&B pal Maggie stopped by for a while with her cockapoo named Puppy so that we could help her with her first sweater project. The weather was a bit chilly and brisk for June but better than sorching heat in my humble opinion.



I would have to say the star of the show was the cute little toddler watermelon dress that Clara designed and knit. EVERYONE that passed our booth stopped to admire it but surprisingly we had no buyers. Clara had the knit sample on sale for $45 and she also had kits prepared that contained the pattern with all the yarn for $15. If anyone out there is interested, please email me sally@stitchawaytours.com and I'll put you in contact with Clara. I've also given you a glimpse in this photo of Clara's double knit afghan. It's a two sided wool blanket that she used a double knitting technique to create so that you have a knit pattern on both sides. Toasty warm and an heirloom item on sale for $250.00...and worth every penny.

My daughter Vanessa and I created a ton of needle felted/beaded flower pins and hair ties that went over pretty well. We sat there demonstrating needle felting which seemed to intrigued many people. We sold them for $10 for the larger sizes and $5 for the smaller ones. Surprisingly many folks were out Christmas shopping already. Wow I guess some people are really that organized...I envy them! We're supposedly doing another juried art show coming up in July. I'll be needle felting my heart out till then!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally Black said...

We've been getting a number of inquiries about Clara's Watermelon dress. It's the sweetest thing!
Her kits have been selling and I think she should do more designing when she's not off hiking the Appalachian trail!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home