stitchaway knitter

The views of a traveler as seen thru the eyes of a knitter. The ramblings and unravelings of Sally Black the Chief Knit Wit of www.stitchawaytours.com

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Fabulous Ms. Bliss!


Today was exciting for me as I got to meet someone that I've long admired...Ms. Debbie Bliss!
She was having a lecture and book signing at stix n' stitches in Montclair NJ. I didn't find out about the class until it was too late but I did make it for the book signing. My darling husband Brian offered to drive the 4 hour round trip with me from Pennsylvania (yes, he is a saint!).

It's really hard to choose which of Debbie's patterns I like the best. I've been admiring the designs in her Alpaca silk two book for a while now, particularly her empire line cardigan and her frill edge cardigan. Now I have the book signed by Debbie herself making it all the better! Debbie was an absolute sweetheart to chat with, very inspiring. She was kind enough to extend an invite to our knit trip to come visit her at the Ally Pally. (Sorry that's what the locals call the Alexandria Palace where our London Knit show is being held). All I can say is that I cannot wait for October 10th to arrive so we can be on our way to a week of knitting Bliss...(pun intended!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sally--Glad to see that you made it to Montclair to meet Debbie Bliss. Sorry I could not join you, but it was my husband's birthday so we had made other plans. I'm getting excited about the London trip. Hope we can meet up in July.
Deb

2:54 PM  
Blogger Sally Black said...

I'm counting the days until we're off to London myself. Debbie told me of a great yarn shop to visit during our trip. I've been corresponding with the shop keeper about planning a visit and Debbie told us to stop and say hello too!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home