stitchaway knitter

The views of a traveler as seen thru the eyes of a knitter. The ramblings and unravelings of Sally Black the Chief Knit Wit of www.stitchawaytours.com

Monday, October 02, 2006

Size matters

Jeez time flied when you're getting ready for a trip...and in the midst of planning your next one!

To top matters off, there is a very wicked flu/cold going around. I was laid out with it for several days, on the mend now but I urge everyone to double up on their Vit C and Zinc with the prayer that if you do get it, it won't be so bad. How do I know it's going around...ok, everyone I know has/had it and when I went food shopping this past weekend, the cold & flu aisle was wiped clean like the mall the day after Christmas.

My most recent adventures included a day trip to a great little shop in Milford, PA...
jill deal
in Historic Forest Hall
206 Broad Street
Milford, PA 18337
570-409-9276
jilldealinc@msn.com
I found some great sox yarn here that I think solves my dilemna as to what to knit for my plane ride to England and back. Fabulous little shop, a bit hard to spot so give a call for directions. Lucious yarns, needlepoint, books etc. Certainly worth a day trip especially with all the beautiful fall colors about to go on display.

I've been helping my yarn sister Kate knit up some of her recent design creations. Her Cashmere scarf is fabulous and now I'm knitting one of her sweaters. She's on a deadline so this is speed knitting at it's finest. We'll get it done in plenty of time so Kate can relax and be inspired while in London.

The reservation keep rolling in for our Debbie Stoller Stitch N Beach cruise in January. We'll keep selling as long as there is space and again we seem to have lucked out with a great bunch for this outing too.

The crazy thing is that I'm almost all packed for London...Crazy I say because I'm the sort of traveler who throws stuff into my suitcase as I'm running to catch a plane. I work best under pressure. I'm just so excited that I want it to be take off-time already.

While packing my clothes I got to thinking about the size differences over in the UK.
Remember 1 inch = about 2.5 cm...yes we'll have to think in metric. The first link here is for clothing sizes . Remember there is a difference between US, UK and European sizes just in case we're shopping for clothes or patterns.
The second link is for knitting needle sizes . Both may come in handy if we find any great patterns that we can't live without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home