stitchaway knitter

The views of a traveler as seen thru the eyes of a knitter. The ramblings and unravelings of Sally Black the Chief Knit Wit of www.stitchawaytours.com

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tick Tock, knit knot

I know...I know...I promised last time around not to be such a stranger to this blog but time happens! I've been busy booking knitters for our Debbie Stoller Stitch N Beach Cruise.
I've also been chatting with knit lovers all over the far reaches of this planet trying to create some interesting knit trip itineraries for 2007. Did you know that there is an endangered flock of sheep that live on an island off the coast of Scotland. They live on the beach and their main food is a certain kind of seaweed that supposedly makes their wool incredibly soft...Who knew?
Or that men in Iceland used to give their sweethearts intricately carved knitting needles as a sign of their love and affection?
So many great places to visit and so little time!!!!
Off to knit...I'm diligently trying to finish my husband's Alice Starmore sweater.
Jeez I need more discipline in my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home