stitchaway knitter

The views of a traveler as seen thru the eyes of a knitter. The ramblings and unravelings of Sally Black the Chief Knit Wit of www.stitchawaytours.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

Fourth of July knitting homework

I realize it's fourth of July weekend and most folks have their minds on BBQs, fireworks and freedom but somehow can't I seem to focus much on the festivities. I'm planning a trip to the
Philadelphia Knit and Crochet Show
July 12-16. These CGOA & TKGA Conferences offer a wide variety of classes for all skill levels. I've signed up for several classes, mostly pattern designing.
With classes comes prep/homework. So in between the baked beans and hot dogs, I've been swatching away. I'm determined not to procrastinate and rush these assignments at the last minute which is my usual style. I'm also trying to kill two birds with one stone so to speak. I need a new throw for my guest bedroom so I've coordinated all of my swatches and colors so that when I'm done with my classes, I can whip all of my homework into a sampler afghan.

Besides having the opportunity to learn new skills and take class with celebrity knitters, I'm REALLY looking forward to having the chance to meet up with a few of the knitters who will be traveling with us to London.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, I'm also planning on going to the show next week. Not sure what day yet. What day will you be there? Maybe we can meet.
Fran D.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home