stitchaway knitter

The views of a traveler as seen thru the eyes of a knitter. The ramblings and unravelings of Sally Black the Chief Knit Wit of www.stitchawaytours.com

Friday, February 02, 2007

Decadent Diamond Hoodie

Happy Groundhogs day everyone!
This is a very big day here in the hills of PA.
Yet another reason to celebrate, I finished knitting this gorgeous hoodie for Decadent Fibers . It was designed by my dear pal and fab designer Kate Lemmers seen here modeling it for us in the photo. Done in a yarn called Creme Brulee which is a blend of Merino, Mohair and Silk...definitely decadent! The lace trim on this is simply gorgeous with a collection of diamond points. I'm not 100% sure that decadent diamond hoodie will be the official name of this pattern but that's what I've been calling it.

When I'm not selling travel, I'm contract knitting for
designers and yarn companies. Not an activity for faint hearted knitters but I love the challenge. I find myself knitting and troubleshooting patterns that I might not necessarily choose to do myself. It's a great experience, a fun time collaborating with other fiber arteests and the mad money keeps me in yarn too. Now it's off to finish the purple tunic tip for KnitPicks!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know how I can contact Kate Lemmers? I'm making her Spring Treasure Drawstring Bag and have had no luck in getting a response from the Kraemer Yarn company. I've emailed them three times to ask what size the bag is!! Thanks so much.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Toby,
Kate Lemmers here. You can email me at KateLemmersDesigns@verizon.net with any questions about any of my patterns. If you or any one is interested in the Decadent Hoodie, kits can be found at www.decadentfibers.com Blissful Knitting.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home